On #GivingTuesday, which was on November 27th, 2018, SEF raised money to provide scholarships for 10 students from low-income families. Our goal was to raise $4,000. So far with your support, we have raised over $2,600. To donate, use the button below or mail your donation to P.O. Box 1312, Snohomish, WA 98291. Thanks so much for your support!
There are a variety of creative contribution methods to help students in the Snohomish School District. Among others, you can give a one-time donation or sign up for automatic monthly giving. There are also volunteer opportunities. Scroll down to see the many ways you can get involved!
Your recurring monthly donation can have a long- term affect:
- $15/month can provide 4 pairs of shoes to a child
- $25/month can provide a classroom grant
- $33/month can provide a tuition waiver to Summer Science and Arts Academy
- $42/month can provide 1 college scholarship
A quick one-time donation helps! Any amount assists in providing support to children in need.
THANKS TO YOU… Adrian will have books to read, Sarah will be exploring science, Caleb will be able to sit still and concentrate and Aaron will be exploring new aspects of the world… and so much more.
The Snohomish Education Foundation funds programs like these from your contributions to inspire students and teachers and provide enhances educational opportunities all year long. We can only do that with your help!
Your gift provides gifts such as these:
- Sponsor a scholarship: $500 ($42 per month)
- Provide a classroom grant: $300 ($25 per month)
- Provide five children with shoes: $225 ($19 per month)
“Be the SPARK”… it only takes a spark to get a fire glowing… Let’s show our kids that we care and that we support their education 365 days a year! Every morning more than 10,000 Snohomish School District students report to school ready to learn. They need our support now more than ever. You can join the SEF Monthly Giving Program by giving as little as $1 per day. Sign up now online and your account can be automatically debited monthly, quarterly or annually. As a monthly donor, you will receive:
- A welcome and thank you gift to show our appreciation
- Exclusive invites to 2 major events throughout the year
- Your name reflected on our website (optional)
As a local community business, whether or not you have children in public schools, our community benefits from good public schools. When schools are supported, property values are higher and communities are better. People want to live, work and play in areas that value education. The advantages of a strong, well-funded public school system are clear when the end product is a qualified workforce. Employees are usually happier in a place with good schools leading to good communities and a greater quality of life. SEF enhances learning opportunities for 10,000+ students that live in the community that surrounds your business.
Thank you for considering being a Snohomish Education Foundation Sponsor.
Foundation School Liaisons help us maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with individual schools and parent groups in the Snohomish School District. By partnering, we can ensure that students and parents receive support they need. You can support your school by:
- Ensuring Foundation events are included in parent communications
- Informing teachers of Classroom Grant opportunities
- Participating in SEF’s Annual Breakfast and/or Auction as a Table Captain with a guest from your school
- Posting signs in your school for Hansen Shoe Fund and Year-End Giving/Giving Tuesday fundraising campaigns
Donate Your Time – Volunteer Opportunities
Community members comes together to support the Snohomish Education Foundation. Join our volunteer group and help spread the word about the Foundation and support its events and fundraising efforts. What will I do as a volunteer?
- Join a SEF committee (4-40 hours a year)
- Work a booth/table at an SEF event (One time 3 hours)
- Volunteer at an SEF event (one time 3 hours)
- Serve as a SEF School Liaison (20 hours a year)
- Join our SEF office support team (short term project through the year for events)
- Contribute your expertise in ways you know best!
How can I get involved?
We will connect you with service that will benefit students, the Snohomish School District and YOU!
Re-cycle your unwanted/unused gift cards.
- Do you have a drawer of gift cards going unused?
- Did you receive gift cards that you will not be using?
- Do you want to support a local organization by purchasing gift cards and spreading the word?
- Do you want to receive a tax write-off for donating something you don’t plan to use?
- Then our gift card program is for you!
The Snohomish Education Foundation is would be happy to receive your unwanted/unused gift card all year round. Your gift cards can help underwrite costs for Foundation operations, purchase supplies for classroom grants or help us provide raffle and auction items that will turn into funding for various SEF programs. Your in-kind donation qualifies as a tax deduction too. Donate your cards by dropping them by the SEF office at 21 Ave. A, Suite #6, Snohomish, WA or by mail to Snohomish Education Foundation, P.O Box 1312, Snohomish, WA 98291
We will put your donation to good use AND you will receive a tax-receipt.
Donor Advised Fund
A Donor-Advised Fund, or DAF, is a philanthropic vehicle the SEF as a 501(c)(3) organization supports. DAFs have become an increasingly popular way to manage charitable giving. These funds allow charitably-inclined individuals, families and businesses to make a tax deductible charitable donation of cash, publicly-traded stock, and, in some cases certain liquid assets.
How does it work? An easy way to think about a donor-advised fund is like a charitable savings account: a donor contributes to the fund they have opened with a fiduciary as frequently as they like with various kinds of assets and then recommends grants to the SEF when they choose.
Donors receive an immediate tax deduction when they make a charitable contribution to a donor-advised fund. Deductions may include up to 50% of adjusted gross income (AGI) for gifts of cash and up to 30% of AGI for gifts of appreciated securities, mutual funds, real estate and other assets. There is a five-year carry-forward deduction on gifts that exceed AGI limits. Recipients receive the full value of the asset at the time of receipt. There are also tax advantages for contribution specific assets, like long term appreciated securities. By donating appreciated stock held for more than one year to a donor-advised fund, philanthropists can avoid or reduce capital gains taxes which allows net amount to the charity to be greater than if taxes were paid.
Amazon Smile, register your shopping card with Haggen and Fred Meyer, and SEF will receive a percentage of sales while you still enjoy your shopping benefits as well. Consider donating a procurement item that can be sold at the SEF Annual Auction.